Wednesday, May 26, 2010

4º ESO. Exam

5.- Write QUESTIONS for the answers in bold.

1 What will be released next year? A new album will be released next year.

2 What was invented in 1877? The microphone was invented in 1877.

3 What did Israel use to eat every day?Israel used to eat a banana every day.

4 Who kissed a famous actress in the film? Álvaro kissed a famous actress in the film

5 Who did Álvaro kiss in the film? Álvaro kissed a famous actress in the film

6 What time does the train leave? The train leaves at seven o’clock.

7 Who wanted to found an institution to educate people? Smithson wanted to found an institution to educate people.

8 How much has Chris spent in two weeks? Chris has spent 4.000 euros in two weeks.

9 How long has she lived in Móstoles? She’s lived in Móstoles for twenty years.

10 Where will Louise meet Martin at four o'clock? Louise will meet Martin in the park at four o’clock.

7.- Join each pair of sentences using a RELATIVE CLAUSE:

- That’s the place. I did my test there.
That's the place where I did my test.

- The man is going to buy the house next door. I met him in Italy.
The man who I met in Italy is going to buy the house next door.

- My friend lives in Manchester. She has two children.
My friend who has two children lives in Manchester.


- The car was new. We were travelling in it.
The car which we were travelling in was new.

- The girl was very funny. I was sitting with her.
The girl who I was sitting with was very funny.

Recuerda que en la segunda frase siempre habrá algo que se refiera a un sustantivo (el antecedente) de la primera (there se refiere a a place, him a the man, she a my friend, it a the car, y her a the girl), por lo tanto hay que incrustar la segunda frase inmediatamente después del antecedente y eliminar el pronombre de la segunda (sustituido por el relativo).

No comments:

Post a Comment